Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another foot update...

By special request, I'm posting an update on my broken foot. :-)

I've been to two physical therapy visits, and I'm making good progress. The biggest change is that I'm done with the crutches! I've downgraded to an old-lady cane, and I'm allowed to wear sneakers instead of the big black boot, which is a lovely change of pace.

The bad news is that I've really been forced to start building my muscles again, and as a result my foot, ankle, and calf are really sore right now. I'm also getting around much more slowly than I had been--I'd gotten really efficient at crutches, and I'm not so efficient at walking normally.

I'm taking the bus to work again, which is a huge relief to AB (he had been giving me rides to and from work several times a week). It also saves me about $100 a week on taxi fares.

Anyway, that's the update!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Who would've thought you'd be so excited about wearing sneakers and taking the bus, but I'm sure it's a huge relief to get some of the "normal" stuff back!!

Jane said...

It definitely is a relief! I'm not going to be 100% for a long time, but being able to be self-sufficient is nice.