Saturday, October 11, 2008

Podcasts

Now that I'm back to commuting, I've started to get back in the habit of listening to podcasts on the bus in addition to at home. Here's what I'm listening to right now:

All Songs Considered
Mediageek
RadioLab
The Weekly Scrabbler (yes, I'm a huge nerd)
This American Life
Savage Love

What do you listen to? I'm always looking for new stuff... I have 90 minutes to two hours of commute time every day, depending on how things go, so I still have a lot of time to kill!

4 comments:

Chris said...

learn a language! I find the Pimsleur technique to be a great way to spend my time in my car....but then again, in my car I can freely repeat the words and phrases back as prompted without annoying others...

Jane said...

I'm probably too self consious to try learning a language in public! Although there are always a good number of people on the bus talking to themselves...

Arun said...

A few more music podcasts:

Morning Becomes Eclectic (KCRW)

KEXP podcasts, including:
* Song of the Day
* Music That Matters
* Live Performances
* Sonarchy Radio

Anonymous said...

I don't have anything to add, but I downloaded some episodes of All Songs Considered for my trip this weekend.

I liked them a lot, but I found myself having to really LISTEN to them (instead of just playing them in the background while I read, etc.)

Thanks for the tip