Thursday, August 21, 2008

Disappointed

So, I went to the orthopedist today for my eight-week checkup. The X-rays showed that there's still no visible callous on my broken bone. Which means there's been little to no healing.

The doctor told me to stay off of it for another four weeks, and even after that, there's only a 50% chance it'll heal. So, I may be looking at surgery at that point, and then a couple of months healing after that.

I'm trying very hard not to be depressed, but I'm really starting to get sick of this shit.

The good news is that I'm now in a giant black boot instead of a cast, so I can at least take a decent shower again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am beating up science, just so you know.

Catch Her in the Wry said...

So all the wonderful stories of healed broken bones did no good.

Wish I were there to give you a big hug. But a shower after 7 weeks - that's something to be happy about.

Nut nut said...

Awe, man. That stinks. Another friend of mine actually broke his foot right about the time you did and he had to have surgery. They had to put pins in. He is walking around now, so there is plenty of hope that yours will heal too, even if you have to have surgery.

Jane said...

Taking a shower was extremely nice, but it made my foot/ankle start itching like crazy. :o)

Now that I've gotten over the initial freakout about surgery, I'm actually thinking it wouldn't be such a bad thing. If it means I'm going to heal faster, I'm all for it...