Saturday, August 16, 2008

Skateboards and broken bones


So, having a broken foot has given me a lot of free time. I've spent the majority of the last seven weeks sitting on my futon and playing around on the internet... So, yesterday I decided that if I'm going to spend all of this time doing absolutely nothing, I might as well blog about it.

As I'm writing this, I can hear kids on skateboards rolling down my sidewalk. Last month, a new skate park opened, two blocks away from my house. I still haven't seen it in person, since two blocks is much to far to walk on crutches.

I've threatened to take up skateboarding myself, as soon as my foot's healed (along with skydiving, surfing, and most of the Olympic sports), but the truth is that I don't think I'm ready to risk any more broken bones for a while. What I am going to do is go over to the skate park to watch the people who actually know what they're doing. AB got some great photos of the park right after it opened, and it looked like a lot of fun.

No comments: